Careers: Student Assistant (9 Hours Per Week)
The Europainstitut / Institute for European Global Studies of the University of Basel is looking for a student assistant to join the SNSF-Sinergia-Project "Reversing the Gaze: Towards Post-Comparative Area Studies" with an anticipated start date of November 15, 2020, or by arrangement. You will join the sub-project "Concepts, Comparison and Areas Studies in Theory and Methodology," led by Prof. Ralph Weber.
The Europainstitut / Institute for European Global Studies is an interdisciplinary research institute. In its research and teaching, the Institute focuses on the relationship between Switzerland and Europe in a global context. With its interdisciplinary concepts in research and specialized degree courses, the Institute for European Global Studies contributes to the central questions of our time. Hosting engaging public events, the institute is at the interface of essential scientific topics and relevant public discourse.
- Supporting the scientific research of members of the project (bibliography, transcription of interviews etc.)
- Supporting the project researchers in organizational and administrative tasks (e.g. organization of research trips, workshops, conferences, presentations)
- Event support at events regarding the research project
- General administrative support for the Institute of European Global Studies
- Advanced BA studies or BA degree
- Very good written and spoken command of English and German
- Interest in activities of the Europainstitut/Institute of European Global Studies and the topic of the research project
- Diligent, well-organized and reliable
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in event organization preferred
We offer you
- Diverse and challenging tasks within an international and motivated team
- First experience in the field of interdisciplinary academic research
- Terms of employment and remuneration in accordance with the guidelines of the University of Basel
Application / Contact
Please submit your application documents, including a motivation letter and CV in English as well as all relevant certificates by 1 November 2020 via the University of Basel's online application tool. Should you need any further information, please contact the project leader, Prof. Dr. Ralph Weber.