Cornelia Knab, M.A.
Scientific Management, Research Associate, European and Global History
Institute for European Global Studies,
University of Basel
Tel: +41 (0)61 207 48 50
- European and global history (especially nineteenth and twentieth century)
- Methodologies and theories of global history and of European Global Studies
- History of internationalism and of international organizations, transnational civil society movements, expert internationalism
- History of epidemics, epizootics and of veterinary medicine, history of zoonoses and food security, history of agrarian and medical internationalism
- Interdisciplinary approaches between history and veterinary medicine
- Research-based learning, use of new media in research and teaching
- Member of the research project "Global Information at a Glance".
- Coordination of research project ‘Global Politics on Screen’ (Digital Humanities Project and Research-Based Learning; Cluster Asia and Europe in a Global Context, Heidelberg University; with Prof. Dr. Madeleine Herren and Eric Decker).
- Member of Research Project ‘LONSEA: Searching the Globe through the Lenses of the League of Nations’ (Project A3, Cluster Asia and Europe in a Global Context, Heidelberg University).
- Coordination of research project ‘Historical Perspectives on Transnational Networks in Environment, Agriculture, Food and Health’ (with Dr Amalia Ribi Forclaz; Project C6, Cluster Asia and Europe in a Global Context, Heidelberg University).
- Member of Research Project ‘Harbin – Jewish Cemetery’ (Dept. of History, Heidelberg University).
Since 09/2014: Scientific Manager of the Institute for European Global Studies, University of Basel
03/2014-09/2014: Research Associate, European and Global History, Institute for European Global Studies, University of Basel
05/2013: PhD in Modern History, Heidelberg University (PhD Thesis: “Organizing Trust”: International Cooperation against Animal Diseases, 1863-1946)
04/2011-02/2014: Research Associate and Lecturer, History Department, Heidelberg University
Since 03/2008: Research Fellow, later Associated Member, Cluster ‘Asia and Europe in a Global Context’, Heidelberg University, Projects A 3 (‘Networking the International System’), C 6 (‘Transnational Networks’) and HRA (‘Global Politics on Screen’)
2006-2008: Assistant for Research Projects, History Department, Chair of Modern History (Prof. M. Herren), Heidelberg University
2006: M.A. (Magister Artium) in Modern History
(M.A. Thesis: Interconnections of Diplomacy and the Public Sphere at the Hague Peace Conferences 1899 and 1907)
2004-2007: Student Assistant and Tutor, Department of History, Heidelberg University
2000-2006: Studies of History and Musicology at the Universities of Heidelberg and Paris-Sorbonne (Paris IV), France
- March 2015: ‘Digital Humanities for European Global Studies‘ (co-organizer), Europainstitut Basel.
- November 2014: ‘Statistics and policy-making during the 19th and 20th century‘ (with Milena Guthörl), Europainstitut Basel.
- October 2010: Conference ‘Networks in Times of Transition: Toward a Transcultural History of International Organisations’, Heidelberg University.
- June 2009: Workshop ‘Historical Perspectives on Transnational Networks in Agriculture, Food, Environment and Health’, University of Oxford (with Dr Amalia Ribi Forclaz; cooperation Heidelberg University and Modern European History Research Centre, University of Oxford).